RCU Forums - View Single Post - 125% (1/4 scale) Anderson TA-152H
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2014, 12:07 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

One thing that REALLY helped me out, is I have a copy of the construction article of the 1/6th scale, which was the original design. The 1/5th was blown up from that one. This construction article appeared in RCM, in the early 90's. If you have a hard time finding it, let me know, and I can send you a copy. all of the info you can obtain, is helpful.

Another thing to watch, With the dihedral set as per the plans, and the landing gear blocks set according to how my kit was cut, the landing gear do not sit as they should. By this I mean the wheels are not 90 degrees to the ground when extended. I am noticing that my wheels are going in too far, so my mounts need to be modified slightly to fix this. I will use a router and jig to accomplish this. I am mentioning this as an area to watch, as it was one of many problems I encountered. Not so much with the design Per se, but my kit cutter was terrible, and I have replaced almost everything they cut for me. Looks like you went the right way Invert, and just cut it yourself.