RCU Forums - View Single Post - El Mirage II Fun-Fly/Campout
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2003, 03:32 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default El Mirage II Fun-Fly/Campout

Hello, I have put together the second El Mirage II, fun-fly family weekend. I have had alot of people respond to a camping weekend, up in the high desert here in southern california. The first one went real well, so we decided to put on another one.The site will be El Mirage Dry Lake bed. It will be held on November 8TH & 9TH. There is plenty of room so bring your motorhome, travel trailer, camper or tent. All are welcome. Even if you can only come out for the day, please make a note on your calander, and take a road trip. I would like some input for a BBQ on saturday night, as last time the wife and I made spare ribs and corn on the cobb, for about 10 people who stayed into the evening. If you would like to bring something else I will provide my BBQ for your cooking pleasure. Please e mail me and lets get a head count, as to how many will be going. Last time we had over 20 diffrent planes on the flight line. All types of plane will be welcome. This is a 1 mile x 7+ mile long dry very smooth lake bed with no restrictions and free camaping. This is not a sanctioned AMA event, but it is a weekend where people can meet one another and show off there stuff. Bring the wife and kids and lets sit by a camp fire at night and make SMORES LOL, Or you can leave them at home, and spend some quality time with a bunch of fellow R/Crs who love this hobby. I am open to any ideas that others may have. Please e mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions. The links below give you a general idea of where the lake bed is located. I have full detailed directions if anyone needs them. Looking forward to seeing you all there.
Thanks Tiny Tim

http://www.windwizard.com/elmirag.html

http://www.desertusa.com/OHV/du_ohv_mirage.html

WE HAD TO CHANGE THE DATES DUE TO THE EDWARDS AIRFORCE BASE AIR SHOW. I HOPE THIS DATE WILL WORK FOR EVERYONE. THANKS TIM