RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ply Rolled Fuselage Part Deux - 1/2A " Mini Skorch "
Old 08-09-2014, 02:18 AM
Pond Skipper

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Kris, I bet thats it with the black plastic nipple makes sense will have to take a look. I like the simple grove idea in the throttle barrel but If I pull the carb apart might as well just drill a hole for the air bleed. Also will add an extra thrust washer a bit too much slop for my taste if I continue to use a starter.

Ah stopped and took a look at the nipple it was ok but there was some trash fuzz that got in there blocking one of the two feeder holes going into the needle housing. Need to use some loctite on the throttle arm screw that or change to an allen head. The engine aesthetically looks good and the weights reasonable. I may go ahead and run another tank of fuel threw it Sat. I had already changed out the muffler bolt to a allen head. With the back plate off there is no black sludge build up so the parts are breaking in nicely thus far. I would hope this engine can flip start with little fuss in the long run. Added a 3mm allen bolt for the prop.