RCU Forums - View Single Post - CS-3X1000 and CX-3X2000
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 12:18 AM
TATIG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CS-3X1000 and CX-3X2000

Hi

I just bought a new Spektrum DX8. I used to have a DX7 (I still got it).

I have a couple of CX450BA (Black Angel), I bought the second one to make an AIRWOLFE scale. On both CX450BA I am using ORANGE RX7 and RX6. Both are Flybarless and using the CX-3X1000(v1.0) and CX-3X2000 (v2.4) gyros. I had the one with the CX-3X1000 setup in the DX7, while the other with the CX-3X2000 in the DX8.

I follow all of the instructions in the Gyros, before I start, and setup the recommended EXPO, GYRO, ENDPOINTS to 100% all, ZERO out all trims/Sub-trims. As a matter of fact I start up with a new model so everything is ZERO out. I inhibit all switches, except the GYRO. Finally I set the SWASH to 1 Servo for FBL.

The heli in the DX7 is functioning and it is smooth as. Once I change it to the DX8, I start getting problems. The FBL Software is easily setup for the DX7, while in the DX8 I am having problems with the AILE and ELEV. I am able to set the directions correctly with the DX8 and the software. For trimming is the same, I am able to Sub-Trim each stick appropriately. Here is the problem, setting the endpoints, I am able to set the endpoints for the RUDDER and the PITCH, for example I set the Sub-Trim in around 106% to 109% on each side, and it will increase the endpoints in the software to 100% on the dot. For the AILE and ELEV is the problem. When I try to increase the endpoints in the DX8, both sticks stay put at 94% and will not move up, even if I increase the endpoint to 150%. So I decided to keep them at 100% for the ELEV and AILE.

Once I test it on the bench, there are no vibration neither binding. It looks as smooth as silk. As soon as I put it on the concrete and try to lift (about 52% throttle), the heli goes to one side and hits the tips of the blades, I have gone through four sets now, 1 Gear, 1 shaft and 1 tail shaft.

The CX-3X1000 in the DX7 has no issues, it hovers right away. I will be setting up the CX-3X2000 in the DX7, and most likely it will work, But I just bought the DX8 becuase I wanted more channels and for the future when I move to DSMX.

Do you guys have any clue on this? Is it the GYRO, the TX...???