RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Dreamtime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 regarding the last statement. My front alignment pin was also slightly out (I wonder if it is a build jig problem), it took less than a minute with a knife and sandpaper to get a perfect fit (slop free as well). As I am searching for a new plane similar in size to the Revolver, I am beginning to realise what a bargain it is. Sure, companies like Aeroworks and 3DHS are in a different league as regards quality and build weight, but you pay big time for this -- a similar size plane from them goes for $430, compared to $190 for the Revolver after discounts (and don't forget postage much higher with them). We have an Aeroworks plane in our club, and he does not have any more fun than I did with the Revolver. The plane does fly lighter, but is no more impressive or fun for this. The thing about the Revolver is that ailerons and wing mating surfaces are not true, but it flies really well. My thinking has been to try a different plane, but may just have to get another Revolver. I would hang in there Rv7.