RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with flap installations - F6F Hellcat and A-10 Warthog
Old 09-13-2014, 03:38 PM
TTMT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with flap installations - F6F Hellcat and A-10 Warthog

I have a Dynam F6F Hellcat and a Freewing A-10 Warthog. I prefer scale flying, so I've installed the flap option on both planes, but I've been experiencing the following problems:

1. When I connect the main battery, both flap servos throw abruptly to their extremes, then settle at neutral. The other servos just twitch slightly (normal).
2. After a little while, at least one of the flaps will begin to flutter as though electronic interference is occurring.
3. Today, while I was trying to resolve the issues, I noticed that one servo (the fluttering one) was becoming extremely hot.

I've tried upgrading the no-name 9g servos to Hitec HS-65s, but they do the same thing. I think it's the servo reversing harness. I'm using Expert brand harnesses. I just bought a third one today and the problems keep happening. Also, strangely, I can't get the servos to behave correctly on a three position switch (Spektrum DX8 radio). The servos move about 95% though their throw when I move the switch to the first position, then just slightly further when I move the switch to the second position. No travel adjustment combinations seem to change this behavior.

I sure appreciate any help.