RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problems with flap installations - F6F Hellcat and A-10 Warthog
Old 09-14-2014, 08:24 PM
chistech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TTMT
I have a Dynam F6F Hellcat and a Freewing A-10 Warthog. I prefer scale flying, so I've installed the flap option on both planes, but I've been experiencing the following problems:

1. When I connect the main battery, both flap servos throw abruptly to their extremes, then settle at neutral. The other servos just twitch slightly (normal).
2. After a little while, at least one of the flaps will begin to flutter as though electronic interference is occurring.
3. Today, while I was trying to resolve the issues, I noticed that one servo (the fluttering one) was becoming extremely hot.

I've tried upgrading the no-name 9g servos to Hitec HS-65s, but they do the same thing. I think it's the servo reversing harness. I'm using Expert brand harnesses. I just bought a third one today and the problems keep happening. Also, strangely, I can't get the servos to behave correctly on a three position switch (Spektrum DX8 radio). The servos move about 95% though their throw when I move the switch to the first position, then just slightly further when I move the switch to the second position. No travel adjustment combinations seem to change this behavior.

I sure appreciate any help.
A few things: 1. You need to re-bind your receiver with the flaps switch in the up position then they won't move when you connect the battery.
2. Read your manual about how to program the flap switch. You do not have it programmed correctly to move your flaps. If you can't find it in the manual I would Google it.
3. Where are you using the reversing Y-harness. Usually flap linkages are designed for both servos to move in the same direction. If you can take a picture and post it would help. If the Y-harness is a amplified one you will have problems with 2.4.