RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Trainer 40 project
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2014, 04:41 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thunder Tiger Trainer 40 project

I picked this up from Criagslist yesterday. It is a Thunder Tiger 40 size trainer that according to the seller was never ran let alone flown. He claimed it sat for 1o years but I am thinking more like 15. Anyways I have several questions as I'm new to airplanes:

1) The radio has a charger but I don't know how to hook it up to charge the servo battery pack and transmitter pack. I plugged the charger into the transmitter overnight and the transmitter voltage jumps a little when I turn it on then goes back to zero. The transmitter and receiver are powered by 650ma ni-cd packs. Would I have to purchase new battery packs considering the age of them?

2) The engine is very difficult to turn over. What is the best way to loosen it up? Does it have to be gone through?

3) The wing has some damage to the covering. What is the easiest way to repair this? I have a pic so you can see what I am talking about.

I would greatly appreciate any advice in getting this plane running. Now I think I may be over my head with my limited experience and know-how.

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 09-20-2014 at 06:11 PM.