RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Trainer 40 project
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 AM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
No that battery will not work in the Tx if that is the four cell one you are holding in you hand. Your tx requires and eight cell pack period nothing else will work. The one in the picture that is still in your radio is an eight cell pack. Now the one you are holding in your hand and asking if it will work in the tx also may not work for another reason and all the current and even older Hitec transmitters require a small white two conductor plug as used on some cell phones. Its been years since I last looked in a focus but that Servo plug you are holding may not work in your tx, to find out you only need to pop that battery out of the tx and look.

Agine if you are contemplating an attempt to use those old batteries no matter how pretty they look and even if you cycle them they are gonna come back to bite you in butt without a doubt.

I can,t keep count of all the folks who I watched that have found a great treasure in old radios and insisted on using old unknown or unused packs and watched their big find auger large holes an divits in the runway, that's the truth!

John
John is being honset and truthfull about this ,i cant tell you how many new flyers try and use old batterys and end up re kitting their planes . joe