RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger Trainer 40 project
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2014, 12:50 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnBuckner
No that battery will not work in the Tx if that is the four cell one you are holding in you hand. Your tx requires and eight cell pack period nothing else will work. The one in the picture that is still in your radio is an eight cell pack. Now the one you are holding in your hand and asking if it will work in the tx also may not work for another reason and all the current and even older Hitec transmitters require a small white two conductor plug as used on some cell phones. Its been years since I last looked in a focus but that Servo plug you are holding may not work in your tx, to find out you only need to pop that battery out of the tx and look. Agine if you are contemplating an attempt to use those old batteries no matter how pretty they look and even if you cycle them they are gonna come back to bite you in butt without a doubt. John
No sir, what I'm holding in my hand is the yellow battery pack that came with the plane, I was trying to show the connector so you guys could advise me on which replacement pack to use.Getting replacement batteries would seem simple enough but so much has changed in the hobby since 18 years ago when I built a Duraplane ARF. Anyone remember those? Now they have Lithium, LiPo in addition to old ole Ni-Cads. Went to my local Hobby Town USA today but they didn't
have anything compatible. Not surprising considering the store is geared more toward the toy market than R/C. All the good ma n pa hobby shops closed years ago in my area. Looks like you have to buy everything online now. But I have to admit that this radio is advanced for it's time as it uses fused rechargeable cells while most units of the mid to late 90's used single disposable cells if I remember right.

Last edited by AllModesR/C; 11-05-2014 at 07:32 PM.