RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ron Weiss 1/3 Fleet
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Kinner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All rigging complete. Two days of rigging the final cabane with 1/8th Steel braid cable. Went with that as it is the easiest and most flexable when the wings are removed. Last detail is to make the engine cylinders. Those are all traced out and just need the gumption to cut them out.

On the Concept Fleet, I've begun to remove the fabric and inspect the wings for transmittal damage. Well, I found very little and No spar damage found. The plywood spice blades took the brunt of twist and hem and haw. All but one of the blades fractured at the point where they merged major assys together. I was most surprised. The socket head screws that kept the joiner blades in their pockets sheared and made removal most time consuming.

I'm still to tackle the fuse but I know it has some firewall damage and gear attach mounts needing to replace. While I'm in the fuse, I'll change the walking beam servo setup to each elevator having it's own servo. I'm stoked as I think this will be ready for Spring. Well, that's my schedule. I'm put the TBF off a while longer.

Pix:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fleet Crashuncover2.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2034820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fleet Crashuncover.jpg
Views:	483
Size:	1.21 MB
ID:	2034822   Click image for larger version

Name:	FleetCabane.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	1.10 MB
ID:	2034823  

Last edited by Kinner; 09-24-2014 at 03:27 PM.