RCU Forums - View Single Post - How many of you guys are in bands and/or create music?
Old 09-30-2014, 04:59 PM
joebahl
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default bands

This is me singing some heavy metal spring of 1980 in front of 5000 people at the chicago lake front .I was 18 and had been singing in bands since i was 14 . Had a booking agent and was booked most every weekend in bigger clubs and outside shows in IL ,IN ,MI . I got burnt out after years of working a reg job then traveling every weekend staying up most every night late and then showing up for my job as a union carpenter on monday sooo after 10 years and alot of miles alot of fun and alot of girls:-) i stopped and did sound for bigger bands and mixing in a recording studio for another 6 years. Was it fun ? Heck yea ! I always worked my reg job and now at alomst 60 Iam a retired union carpenter plus i ended up being a super for a large construction company and built CVS stores and other big buildings so iam semi retired from that also. BTW Yea Yea i had a big afro back then thats why they call those years bands ( big hair bands) ,the year after this picture i grew my hair down to my waist for preforming and cut it way later in life. lol I played keyboards also and still own a full size B-3 and lesley ,never had the heart to cut it down. Listened to you guys music in Strong arm Salesmen ,sounds good just keep the music aranging simple and you will go far. joe
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6209_102081563136543_1693677_n.jpg
Views:	295
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	2036410  

Last edited by joebahl; 09-30-2014 at 05:12 PM.