manchu9inf

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default M4A3 Sherman Build

Well, i have decided to jump into a Sherman build, after building many German and Russian tanks, I figured after a long hiatus out of building a ground up build, i decided on converting the Tamiya Sherman with HVSS into a VVSS Sherman. I plan on doing an M4A3 75(W) as the tank i am going to build. I was motivated after being to Danville and seeing a couple of converted Shermans and discussing the process and getting a Sherman kit and a few other parts. So what did i need for this project, well here is a list of some of the parts:
Tamiya Sherman kit
Mato VVSS suspension
Heng Long Idler wheel
Mato tracks with duckbills
assorted schumo detail parts

First you have to mount the VVSS back plate to the hull, you have to file down 4 bolts heads as your bolt to the hull will need that space. You can actually use the 2 lower threaded points on the Tamiya lower hull but the upper 2 bolts will need to be drilled. To convert the VVSS you have to do some cutting, you have to cut the back of the VVSS part and then insert 2 screws to attach the unit to the hull. The return rollers holes i filled with Miliput. more to come
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2913.JPG
Views:	751
Size:	2.10 MB
ID:	2037195