RCU Forums - View Single Post - Are you a member of a club?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 06:00 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

It is interesting that this survey was started in 2010 and continues to pick up responses. I have this running across four forums.

..............................Y - LT2 Y - .MT2..... N - LT2 N - MT2........Totals

All Power Types---13.14%----56.64%-------11.41%----18.81% 100.00%

club members ?
Total Responses Yes 69.78% No 30.22%

Comments:
This is not to be viewed as any kind of scientific sampling
The surveys were posted in the beginner/trainer sections of the Electric and fuel forums of RCU, RCG and RCH as well as Wattflyer. RCH has since shut down.
They were also posted in the glider forums

If the surveys had been placed in forums other than the training forums, they might have had a different result.

Trainer/beginner was chosen under the assumption that the newer pilots would be here, but that is an assumption, not a fact.

It should be noted that many experienced pilots, say those who have been flying over 2 years, have more than one type of plane they fly.

I, for example fly both gliders and electrics, but I do not fly any fuel planes. Some pilots may fly all three.

No surveys were placed in the Heli sections

The surveys remain open and continue to gather numbers, but the distribution has stopped showing any significant change, so this report will be considered representative of the general result.

In many cases the posts tell the more important story. They tell the why more than the what.