RCU Forums - View Single Post - Return of Lunchbox..
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 01:00 AM
mta3d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, we bought a lunchbox a couple of years ago but after the initial fun we did not use it much for a couple of reasons; there was an intermittent fault (presumably in the super cheap TX/RX) but the main problem was the tyres/tires kept coming off. It was infuriating, even tried superglue with no luck. I'd like to solve that if possible.

The other thing is the NiMH battery understandably needs to be replaced. I have a decent universal charger, so I thought I'd buy a LiPo, and add a Dean's plug (I guess?) to replace the Tamiya battery plug on the car. (Or do I just get a Tamiya - Deans adapter?)

How does this sound so far.

I figure I need a 2S battery, would 30C be OK? Otherwise, is 2200mAh too low and should I aim for 3000+mAh?

So in summary can you help me with the ****ing tyres, should I aim for using Dean's plugs (for near universality - I don't want to inflict my terrible soldering skills on the car more than once), and is a 2S 30C 3000+ mAh battery what I need?

Thanks for reading and any input. I hope we can get a bit more use out of what is a very fun machine.

(In addition to the battery, I'm also getting another TX/RX unit so we'll be good to go)

Last edited by mta3d; 11-12-2014 at 01:09 AM.