RCU Forums - View Single Post - Will the YS 60FR bolt in the same as an OS61SF for direct swap?
Old 11-16-2014, 01:54 PM
doxilia
My Feedback: (3)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by flywilly
I discovered that the mounting lugs on the Classic are 1mm wider than the LS or the AR and 1.5mm wider than the Hanno.
No kidding Will! I see what you mean.

That's a bit of a nuisance.

Originally Posted by flywilly
The mounting lugs on the LS and AR have been machined square, but the lugs on the Classic have not been 'trimmed'. My guess is that YS skipped that operation to save a little bit of $$ when making the Classic.
Absolutely! That's it; they didn't square them off on the sides!

I suppose if one were to move the engine forward on the mount the trimming of the gussets might be minor. Not something one wants to do though with these nylon type mounts. Might affect integrity in the long run. What if one were to simply take off the GP adjustable mount and bolt on an aluminum 20 mm custom mount (or the split type widely available)? Is the bolt pattern too shallow height wise on the Hyde section? I know those GP adjustable are very shallow which I'm sure is so that most all engines (RE included) can be accomodated. The BHE mounts (from which the GP adjustable is derived by the looks of it) were a little bigger but the RE headers passed anyway - at least for the "higher" exhaust (non round) port engines such as the YS, OS, Webra, OPS, etc. The round port engines such as the Rossi, NovaRossi might always be a problem with a square or round (rather than split) mount due to their round exhaust nozzle and the fact that they have (NR in particular) a lower location of the exhaust port.

David

PS Below are the photos of the "lightened" beam FRP mounts I picked up. They come in small (35-55) and large (55-110) sizes. We'll see how they fair strength wise when they arrive. Nice things about them: 1) bolt engine to mounts to keep them rigid and spaced, 2) bolt mounts to FW, 3) slide engine in position on the beams for proper spinner spacing, 4) tighten bolts and fly! It even allows one to change spinner brands if desired - without or without backplate recess. Engine misbehaving? Swap out for any other 52 mm bolt width engine...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	0.JPG
Views:	54
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	2047927   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	57
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	2047928   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	200.5 KB
ID:	2047929   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	189.2 KB
ID:	2047930   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	2047931   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	217.0 KB
ID:	2047932   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	2047933   Click image for larger version

Name:	7.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	200.1 KB
ID:	2047934  

Last edited by doxilia; 11-16-2014 at 02:17 PM.