RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome-the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood
Old 11-25-2014, 06:36 AM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

folks... I brought out my Zero Saturday and had a great first flight but the second ended badly... It was a normal flight (fast and fun) and when I turned on final I thought I had a radio glitch... The plane went into failsafe (full flaps, cut throttle, gear down, 10 degrees down on elecator) and almost landed except it was 50 feet off centerline and in the weeds... abrupt stop and ended up on it's back... when I got the I found the vertical and one horizontal stab badly broken off the plane... wings and fuse are okay... gear is bent.

The pair of 2S lipos for the radio failed... They take a charge but as soon as I put a load on them they drop to 3.8V output... I think that since I never bothered to put a "standby" charge on them between flight weekends killed them (carrying too much charge for too long). The plane is setup with HV servos so I may just move all that gear to another Warbird...

I'm thinking of putting together a Top Flite GS Corsair... what do you guys think?