RCU Forums - View Single Post - Making Quickie V-Tail Molds
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 04:13 AM
DonStegall
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm working on Part 3 of the Quickie Tail Molds series.

I am having some challenges besides time. The weather has not been good for the paint I use (Nelson Hobby Paint). My garage is a mess from where we moved some stuff out of storage and I don't have full room and enough space to use my propane space heater. This paint likes the temp to be 70 or above. Then while I was painting one side of the plug, my air compressor bit the dust. Second one I've gone through. I found a little Porter Cable pancake on sale at Home Depot for $99 and I placed an order for it for pickup. It will do 3.5 CFM at 40 PSI, which hopefully will work with my SATA MiniJet 3 HVLP paint gun.

I had a little run on the trailing edge but I was able to minimize it with some Viva paper towel. I had coverage problems with the pink over the gray primer, so I will put white over the primer on the other side.

In this part of the video, I will cover painting, sanding, compounding, polishing, and waxing the plug and parting plate. Plus putting the plug into the parting plate and putting on the parting film. It will probably be 4-7 days before the video is ready.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0232.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	2050194  

Last edited by DonStegall; 11-26-2014 at 04:25 AM. Reason: spelling