RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-02-2014, 11:32 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow I am feeling like and old man...none the less what you guy's have said is music to my ears?/eyes? I remember using Ambroid glue tube which was a revelation to me compared to the cork bottle, but the same glue. not sure I know the sleek streak can you show a pic? The mod's you did were cool Major, You jogged my memory with tissue covering which I did a lot of and got pretty good at. sticking it on with dope got me higher than a kite on more than one occasion. (Lousy feeling) until my folks warned me about the fumes....ignorance is bliss..... to me monokote is still expensive but properly done can make for a fine finish, the new stuff isn't as good as the original type.

Does anyone remember the reed type radio sets? I had a eight channel orbit I bought in Phoenix Arizona in the mid sixties in a astro hog. Big gas tube transmitter, huge receiver and servo's on 26.995 a frequency I never got hit on even on my heathkit set.

Here is some pics of some of my memory stuff that is still useable. anybody familiar with them?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	McCoy 35 controlione.jpg
Views:	1939
Size:	799.4 KB
ID:	2051643   Click image for larger version

Name:	jetex augmentor tube.jpg
Views:	2077
Size:	791.9 KB
ID:	2051644   Click image for larger version

Name:	jetex motors.jpg
Views:	2246
Size:	774.3 KB