RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-02-2014, 02:29 PM
jwrich
My Feedback: (17)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My first RC airplane was the Sterling Fokker D VII, powered a OS Gold Head 61, with one of the first proportional Futaba 4 channel radio, the servos were very large. I was stationed Taiwan in 1968 when I was flying C-130s, I built the kit and I local Chinese hobby shop owner was going fly it for its maiden flight and teach me to fly. It never got to fly, we were flying a lot in-country, that was a hot couple years. When I was transferred the Alabama, the D VII was shipped but it was total destroyed. I joined a local club, learned fly RC, over the years I wore out the OS Gold Head (still have it). A few years ago, a guy was selling his RC equipment, he had an OS Gold head 61 still in the box, never run. I ask him what he wanted for it, he how about $65.00, I have it packed away. I'll find it and post a picture of it. Our hobby has changed a lot over the years, I think for the better. Just think about it, now we have friends from all over the world because of the web and sites like this. Being in the military 26 yrs, I have been in several countries around the world and I must say, I have never met a RC Modeler who was not a good guy. Good times

Rich
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	OS 61 Goldhead.jpg
Views:	17018
Size:	225.1 KB
ID:	2051678  

Last edited by jwrich; 12-02-2014 at 02:50 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Telemaster Sales UK (12-31-2023)