RCU Forums - View Single Post - Citabria/Decathlon Brotherhood, ARF, kit build, electric, nitro and gas all welcome
Old 12-12-2014, 12:42 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by EJWash1
Hostetler Plans offer both a 115" (30%) and a 126.72" (33%) Super Decathlon. Yours could be a plans-built Hosteler, but the engine cowl is throwing me. Seems yours has a much-more pronounced, and larger air intake scoop.

With the details (opening door, engine access door, foot peg) it could be a Hanger 9, which has a wingspan of 137.9".

Do you think that the model is in its original covering, or possibly re-covered?

I love a good mystery!
At some point somebody told me of another set of plans that were offered several years ago of a 130 inches (+/-) Citabria. I think I wrote it down somewhere, but I'm nowhere near my shop at the moment. The engine access door is an addition that my friend enjoys adding to a lot of his airplanes. The radio switches, and refueling tubing are located there. He hates switches sticking out of the sides of nice scale airplanes. I'm pretty sure is not a re-covered kit or ARF.

Rafael