RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with DLG Mini Glider.
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 08:01 PM
fastback62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Help with DLG Mini Glider.

Hi,
I just recently picked up a mini disk glider. It came as a ARF kit. So I picked up a Ni-MH 300 4.8 v battery, and a Spectrum AR6255 receiver, to get myself on the road to flying. Everything was going OK in the setup. I had the elevator and aileron servos dialed in perfectly to my Spectrum DX6i radio. Almost ready to fly...

Where I think I screwed up is in the charging process. I charged the battery using a HiTec CG-340 peak charger. I attached the leads to my car battery and proceeded to charge until the green charging light went off (about 30 min). After charging i attached the battery to the receiver, and the top yellow light on the receiver went out, and no action in the servos. This is where i think I burned out my receiver, hopefully not my servos.

So my question is; where did I go wrong in the charging process? Should I of used a different charger? I thouht I was ok using a 4.8v battery for the mini servos. And a 4.8 v would suffies without a UBEC in the setup, mainly for the weight savings.
If anyone could solve my problem, that would be very helpful.
Thank you.