RCU Forums - View Single Post - Yak 55SP by Fly-Model 50cc
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 09:44 AM
Checklst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slither
How is the new green one coming along? I just ordered one from Yong... can't hardly wait to get it. I appreciate the info iflyjr, and your willingness to take my phone call.

Guys, are the wingtips swept on these kits?
My progress has been slow......the holidays are getting in the way....you know the wife has me doing all the xmas stuff ect............... Hear are a few picts of my progress.......The plane is not bad except for a couple of annoying things that make you say "what were they thinking"
As you can see on the elevator and the aileron they cut the slots for the arms on both sides ............not a big deal I will just make a black star to cover the slots..........their big blunder was the engine box was too long and not set up for a 50 or 60cc engine. I made some short mounts as I did not want to cut off my aluminum DLE standoffs. Carb now is inside the firewall.....no big deal but now any stock muffler or pitts you have to cut out the fire wall to fit...........only a custom canister muffler will keep you from a fire wall trim. Last the holes for the hinges
were too large.........I tried a different glue than epoxy............Gorilla glue.......I did the same old Vaseline on the hinge, but Gorilla says moisten the area with water and this moisture activates their glues drying. I use and old empty CA bottle and a long applicator to drip water in the holes.......this water shrunk the wood fiber making the oversized holes smaller......added a few drops Gorilla per hole with a vary light coat on the hinge..................I painted Vaseline around the hinge on the covering and it mad clean up vary easy as the expansion of the Gorilla glue out of the hinge hole did not stick to the covering and removed vary easily. I will use this method again because I like having extra time not rushing ahead of a 2 part mix epoxy.

Thanks guys and Have a great holiday!!!!!!!!