RCU Forums - View Single Post - Help with Futaba Receiver!!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2003, 11:47 AM
RCaillouet3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Futaba Receiver!!

Just lost a good friend. My Sig Somethin Extra!!!! :-(

Reason I lost my dear friend lies with this stupid little black box that Futaba puts out!!! During flight, the airplane just nosed over and went into the ground (full throttle, but from only about 20 feet.) The culprit to this truel harific catastrophy was that my receiver attena broke about 1/4 inch from the receiver housing.

Well, my problem is that I want to use my radio again. If nothing else to beat it into the ground after I get it working so it knows my pain first hand!!!

I have a couple questions. Being I am wanting to use the receiver again, I knwo that I have to replace the attena. Problem here is Futaba told me to expect about a $50.00 chage to relpace it cause I am out of waruntee! YUCK!!! I know that all I have to do is to undo the solder holding the attena to the board and resolder another attena onto it. My delimma with this is 2 fold.
Can I use any type of small wire, or do I need to use a specific attena wire??? Also, if I can use any wire, sugestions on length and type would be great!!!
Secondly in this matter, will this new attena be reliable??? I am thinking of using it in an electric park flyer, or maybe even putting it back into another glow airplane.

I am a little nervous about this because I can't afford to lose another good airplane.

By the way, the Extra I lost was built from kit and was my best flying airplane in the hangar! :-(