RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question About Plugs and Wiring for Balance Charging
Old 12-30-2014, 01:38 PM
BSquared18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question About Plugs and Wiring for Balance Charging

Hi,

I have a newbie question. The charger that came with the RC plane I bought has the JST-XH 3S specification.

I'm considering buying online a lipo battery that has the four balance-charge leads without a plug on the end. The wire colors are yellow, blue, black and red.

Are snap- or solder-on plugs available for use with batteries with just the wires and no plug? If so, can anyone recommend where to buy them? And do I simply make sure to attach the wires to the plug the the way they are on the battery supplied with the plane?

Or is the better way to buy a plug with the same-colored wires attached to it and solder the plug wires to the battery wires? If the wires attached to the plug are different colors than those on the battery, is it a matter of deciding which wires to solder based on how they are attached to the supplied battery?

By the way, at this stage I'm just doing non-competitive sport flying with an easy-going, forgiving trainer.

Suggestions welcome.

Bill