RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 12-30-2014, 06:43 PM
GallopingGhostler

Received 80 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by rt3232
Originally Posted by FlyerInOKC
This thread proves RC building/flying adds years to your life! Either that or Heaven won't have us and the devil doesn't want us either!
@ 83 me thinks your all on counts. Cheers Bob T
I used to struggle with it as those heavily into team sports poo-poo-ed my model aircraft interests as being childish. It is a sport I grew up with, have never really been a sports fan. The Army taught me how to run. Spent 6 years in martial arts, still keep active aerobically and with a wee bit of strength training. I find model flying a stress reliever, it gives me pure joy to fly.

The good book specifies, "In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus toward you." (I Thessalonians 5:18) and "Doing nothing through rivalry or through conceit, but in humility, each counting others better than himself; each of you not just looking to his own things, but each of you also to the things of others." (Philippians 2:3-4) World English Bible

Thus I maintain an attitude of thanks in my model building and flying and helps to keep the Devil in check regarding my activities with others. Life is too short to not be happy with what one is doing.
The following users liked this post:
Believer (01-26-2021)