RCU Forums - View Single Post - Topflite Giant P-47 Club
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 05:33 PM
haefeli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a couple more. I built this with all airlines an electrics run thru the airframe. All is serviceable. I have behind the tailwheel a removable cover where switches and air valve/gage are. Nothing seen from the outside and also the rudder servo with rotary drive coupler. There will be no external horns to flying surfaces. Only the elevator was a bit to workout. I have a bellcrank assembly and pushrod from the servo tray. I laid out all mechanics on onion skin paper laid over the plans. The landing light housing started life as a water bottle cap mounted to a stick held in a vice and coated with Johnson's paste wax. Then I laid up some layers of 1 ounce cloth with polyester resin. Didn't use epoxy for this as its flexible. Then I molded in the lever arm with wire built in. The Navy. Lights are compliments of Luminex company and when I asked if they had anything I could work with the lady said an engineer thought its cool and they sent me several sets with resistors soldered on to work with 6 volts. Very gracious of them. Goes to show just about any guy likes an airplane. Especially heavy metal. If anyone needs accurate sheet metal panel drawings I have some awesome drawings from various razorback models I can send pdf's of.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140826_194316_534.jpg
Views:	1708
Size:	1.18 MB
ID:	2064023   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140726_170820_215.jpg
Views:	1642
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2064025