RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome-the not so scale, almost ready to fly, soon to be scrap, Warbird Brotherhood
Old 01-19-2015, 09:33 PM
sparky4lawndart
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello brethren (and sister)...

Had a great weekend in Arizona @ the Sun Valley Fliers Winter Warbird event... 3 days of fantastic weather and a lot of great flyin... If you didn't see the facebook posts, I killed my Meister FW190 on the takeoff roll... I was trying to build up speed with the elevator in full down deflection to get the tail off the deck.. the plane lifted off the deck with the tail wheel still touching the ground... vicious tip stall and speared the deck inverted... broke the front of the plane off the fuse, crushed the cowl and firewall, broke both wings, ripped a horizontal stab off, and crushed the canopy... I don't know if it's fixable... a lot of damage that would add a lot of weight to a 60lbs airplane. I'll try and get some pics up soon... and details on what I decide to do.

The captured Jug flew great all weekend.. there was some weird RF noise that made the surfaces jiggle on Friday but a new spark plug fixed the issue just right. great flights and some great landings...

more to follow soon...