RCU Forums - View Single Post - MDS F2A 2.5cc
Thread: MDS F2A 2.5cc
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 07:46 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is a pic of the earlier combat one. Much cruder casting. It is only about 500 rpm less than a real Rossi which it was copied from. I use it whenever a field doesn't require a muffler. I believe they were $35 US around the mid 1980's, and worth every penny. I sorted through about 5 on the table at Toledo before I found one that was useable between bad cylinder fits and crunchy bearings. OK just looking for stuff. I can't even find the rear rotor at all for the X .15. I was going to change over another casting I found to make it a front intake, and then needed a rod too. The stock one has a crack at the bottom rod hole after one run, and hasn't run since. I think I may have been 14 when I got it. Nevertheless, if you want a venturi, I can make one up for you, the needle valve I am not sure of, but you could drill and tap a hole for whatever pressure fitting you may have, and then use a remote needle, or whatever. I will need all the dimensions as I cannot find mine, and don't know what kind of needle you may have. I would say to use a F2D combat needle, but they will only work with a bladder, and will not open up enough to run a pipe, or even suction. PM me with dimensions whenever you get them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	uktamcom.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	2066895  

Last edited by aspeed; 01-23-2015 at 08:25 AM. Reason: searching for parts