RCU Forums - View Single Post - MDS F2A 2.5cc
Thread: MDS F2A 2.5cc
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2015, 06:15 PM
Cross Check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi MJD,
I thought you would have fun with it !
Early 90s sounds about right. A club member imported some. My friend got it and some 6.5cc (.40)s in a trade.
I remember them in styrofoam boxes, with several head shims and hillarious Russian to English instructions.

We have countless jugs through the 6.5s. Got hex cap screws from HobbyHobby I recall. 15% with two head shims. The carbs leaked air badly, were repaced by various others. My current one has a Webra carb and a Rossi semi tuned muffler, so it now a 'UN engine' of sorts ! Great runner, mounted in a flying boat.

My freind moved north of Peterborough 25 years ago. I see him once a year in Feb. for a Cabin Fever Fly, from a beach area over the frozen lake. We barter and trade, and he knew I wanted the 2.5cc, so he kept 'the price' high... A few years back he gave it to me.

The box and shims were lost in a move. We did try bench running it 30 yrs ago. Old fuel and a dodgy glow battery. Got a few pops out of it on a 7-4. (no electric starter) While fiddling with it, it started pouring and we bailed inside. Engine has been sitting in boxes ever since. It deserves to be run !

I have a HOB Quarter Midget wing kit I was going to make something for it, yours if interested.
The clubs around here, hate the sound of 'real' model airplanes...

Gotta make some time to fly with you this summer...
Brewery expansions are nearly done...

Take care,
Have fun,
Dave'crosscheck'Fallowfield
Maac 6437
Unabashed Combat Team