RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aloft Hobbies and FrSky......Be careful dealing with these people! (RESOLVED)
Old 02-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Robr0924

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the great customer service, I email at lunch and Wayne replied in two hours. this guy is really great. I not happy about buying a new receiver. But Hobbies Aloft at least jumps and helps out.

Waynes response to my email below.

Please do not fly a large plane without telemetry. The V8FR has no telemetry, and is a we bit less safe. Use a D or X series receiver, PLEASE. I'll feel better about it. The RSSI may well save your plane!

I'm not aware of any issues with magnetos and 2.4 radio systems, but I'm not really in that part of the hobby either. So I'll leave it with I simply do not know. But I can tell you if the X series had an issue with the magneto, the V8FR will also.

-Wayne

On Mon, Feb 2, 2015 at 12:09 PM, Custom 1 wrote

Comment: Question about the X8R reciever with My Taranis. I have used this receiver on a nitro Plane since I received my radio from you all one year ago, no crashes works perfectly.

I recently installed it into a Giant Stinger with a G62 with a magneto setup. When doing the range check, 30 seconds after the engine starts up the receiver loses signal. I switched out the receiver with a V8Fr II. and it works flawless and a successful maiden of the Stinger.

Have you heard of the X8R having issues with gas motors? I am assuming it is interference from the Magneto. I didn't see any in my Google searches so I asking the experts.

Thanks

Rob