RCU Forums - View Single Post - Returning to R/C, starting with a Hoellein R.E.S.olution
Old 02-03-2015, 07:28 PM
jsr1017

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Returning to R/C, starting with a Hoellein R.E.S.olution

Figured I'd introduce myself on this sub-forum as well, since the first plane I'm going to put into the air will be an E-glider. I'm returning to R/C after a ten year hiatus. Back then I started with an ARF catapult-launched glider, but quickly moved on to glow power. My first kit was a SIG Citabria powered with an O.S. 46, and that gave me a love for building - first from kits, and then from scratch, mostly RCM plans. A Clancy Aviation Speedy Bee, a 1/12 combat scale P-38 and a 1/5th scale Gee Bee Z were my biggest scratch-build accomplishments, but I had to give them all up when I moved back to the US from Germany, where I was living at the time. To start back in the hobby, I first decided to recreate the Speedy Bee, and even found a (discontinued) OS FS 26 on eBay to power it, just like my old one. I have a build thread ongoing here, in the scratch-builder's sub-forum.

But to be prudent, I'm going to build a relatively simple sailplane to get my thumbs and brain wrapped around R/C flight again before I put the Bee into the air. I've decided on the R.E.S.olution from Stefan Hoellein, a German manufacturer that produces CNC- and laser-cut kits that were absolutely awesome back then, and I'm certain still are. This is a basic rudder/elevator model, plenty of dihedral so it should be nice and stable, with air brakes just for a little extra bling. Placed the order today, and can't wait for it to show up!. It's freezing cold in Minnesota still, but spring will be here before too long. Power will be a Hacker A20-22L EVO and Hacker X-30 Pro BEC, Hoellein recommends an 11x6 prop for a 2S LiPo, or a 10x6 for 3S. Here's a photo from Hoellein's website - I'll do a build log thread for this one too if there's any interest?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R-E-S-olution.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	2070281