RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rumplestadt
Thread: Rumplestadt
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 04:43 PM
gittarpikk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gotta get my gittar out and somehow come up with an 'ode to the ole Rumplestadt'..

...but for now, I'm reporting in...
having suffered a ladder accident at work...and Dec 16 2014 had shoulder surgery, I had finished my shop just prior to the surgery.
Dec and part of Jan was recuperating and learning to live ambidextrously..but finally getting the Rump up and going.

Since 10'wing planes take up too much space in the shop..I settled on a more practical 125% of the original size. The wings are EP with the Bloop 2 airfoil which is high lift and extremely slow flying.. Instead of electric, I am using a Surpass 26 for the four banger vintage sound and probable flight times of 45 minutes.

Construction is a mix of foam, and open stringer fuse with pull-pull aft flight surfaces. Am thinking of ailerons on lower wing with high differential to eliminate yaw.

Goal is an extremely light nitro plane that simply 'floats' along at scale speeds /envelope and fitted with fpv with pan/tilt/skew head tracking with my Fat Shark goggles.

This should be one of the most realistic planes I've built with probably a really large , extremely lightweight PT-19 being next in line.

Fuse is started, wings are nearly finished...and both will be using a masking paper over foam really strong and lightweight with a spray finish so should be a 'looker'

Am going to jump in in next day or to with some pics and poss a build ..or links to various mods..

Man, its the first nitro plane I've built in over 5 years....will have to actually 'clean' this one at the end of the day...lol