RCU Forums - View Single Post - JetPro "Double Barrel" For the Losi DBXL!!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:10 PM
mradlin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gyrotech
Single cylinder two stroke engines only need a single expansion chamber. My thoughts are it may work do to mildly calculated dumb luck but it has no relevance or benefit over a regular pipe. This throws all two stroke exhaust theory out the window.

Correct me if you feel I'm wrong
Here is a quote from Dino at JetPro about the advantage of the double pipe.
"When we raced jet skis and did extensive dyno testing we found that adding a extra chamber off to the side allows the direct pipe to charge quicker then when the motor starts revving and *****g out a single pipe it is able to find the other chamber and keep revving , and I also made the pipe because people asked me to make twin pipes for all kinds of cars like we already have for years because people want some cool and different and it just so happens that it does work. Also on the reverse end one expansion chamber can work very well for two cylinders , like we proved when we won many world champion ships with our pipes over people that ran separate pipes for each cylinder and that is staple in the snowmobile industry as well. LoL, but what do we know this company has been making pipes for everything since 1970. "