RCU Forums - View Single Post - Chris Olsen's Uproar. The Renaissance of an Early British Aerobatic Model.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:43 AM
Telemaster Sales UK

Received 146 Likes on 123 Posts

[TABLE="class: tborder user-postbit-left-user, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2"] The wing is currently away with the sign writer. I have started work on the fuselage. Pictures to follow.

I am left with something of a dilemma about which engine to fit. The model has a very long nose and when fitted with a Merco 61 required several ounces of lead in the tail plane to get it to balance properly. Currently all three of the servos and the RX battery are fitted at the rear of the wing seat, well behind the c of g. Chris's original engine was an ETA 29 which weighed about 7 ounces. My first choice of engine was an Irvine 36 which is my lightest engine at 12 ounces but would the model be too tame with such a small engine? An Irvine 46 would give the model a sparkling performance but that weighs 18 ozs so are we straying into Merco 61 territory? I have the option of fitting an OS 52 four-stroke which weighs 16 ozs. I have a similar size engine in a Super 60 which powers it well enough.

I don't want it to stooge around like a trainer, so which one should I fit to the Uproar if I want a spirited performance? What is the consensus?
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: user-postbit-bottom-user"]

[/TD]
[TD="class: alt2_bottom, align: right"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]