RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3W Bearcat with Moki 300
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 10:53 AM
frode.ljoterud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really nice scale exhaust and great way to make them look good.
I am battling along with mine as well. I spend a pile of hours strengthening the retract bed in the wings as they came far to week from the manufacturer in my mind.
There are some good threads of the 3W Bearcat building up here on RCU, including this one from Mark160 and his Moki 300. This is of great help and has saved me a lot of time and trouble - so thanks to all you guys sharing your great builds here.
I left some part-pictures of my Bearcat as well. Not much to show at the moment, but it will hopefully come out good once finished. I've decided on the South Vietnamese scheme and have ordered some paint from Ralle at Tailormade Decals.
Half way with the main wings I've started on the tail and are moving my way forward. I left both elevator servos and rudder servo in the tail. I made rudder push-pull integrated and hope that will work as well as it does on my CARF P-51.
For the moment I am stuck on how to arrange the rear gear door which is "too long" for a scale like operation. I've seen split door opening to each side, but thought of finding a good solution hinging it in front. Any idea anyone??
Thanks for great sharing and building support!

Frode

PS. I planned to share some pictures here, but pushing the "insert image" button does not bring me any closer to any pictures. Does anyone have a clue of what I am doing wrong?