RCU Forums - View Single Post - List of Classic Pattern Kit Manufacturers
Old 03-05-2015, 10:35 AM
ppljr
My Feedback: (94)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rainedave
I have re-drawn the plans and made a laser cut file for the original Χάος as I call it (chaos is from Greek). I got two short kits made, one for myself and one for a friend. I thought about offering short kits, but I don't know what to do about the plans. The parts only fit my re-drawn plans, not the original. Even so, it still doesn't feel right selling my drawings. Any suggestions or input on this matter?

David
My two cents... make ABSOLUTELY SURE you put some kind of security rights on your files. The Curare part files that are CAD/PDF drawn and found all over the internet were done by me. I sold several copies of my drawings and plans scans until some HACK (whom I sold the drawings to) decided what I was doing wasn't right and then splashed it all over the internet. To be clear, I was selling MY drawings and scans of original parts, the plans were free. That is my experience. Take it for what it's worth. I recently purchased an e-book from a guy and he has a watermark on every page with my email on it. If some unscrupulous person decided to release your files, at least you know who it was.

Last edited by ppljr; 03-05-2015 at 10:45 AM.