RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rabbit Top Speed
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 05:17 PM
BluFox
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi David:

Lets look at your questions one by one. First, the fuel leak at the T FESTO is not good. From what I read, looks like you have resolved most of the problem. There is an O ring type gasket which may have been compromised. I will check supplies when I return to my office on Monday. Will send you a pm for your ship to address.

Maximum RPM is set correctly based upon your statement;. First item to check is the pulse and percentage (%) which indicate the throttle /rpm response. Menu up one screen from the primary. Here you will see in the upper right corner, Pulse/%. With throttle trim and throttle stick full up (High position) pulse should be in the 1940 - 1980 range with % 100. If not, your turbine cannot reach wot. Retrain the Tx and ECU. If pulse and % are within range, the next step is to run the turbine slowly to full throttle. At full throttle, let it run until it reaches max throttle setting; Monitor temp during this exercise. If temp is at or near the high 700's to 800, the ECU will not let the fuel pump deliver the required fuel necessary for maximum rpm.

The use of Diesel fuel requires no changes to any parameter for operation. I have used diesel for more than 3 years with not one issue.

If after conducting the above recommended procedures you still have concerns, contact Jose Melendez who will handle the servicing of your
Rabbit.

Best regards,
Eric Clapp
Jet Central USA
Jet Central Turbines