RCU Forums - View Single Post - DeNight Special 50 ARF by Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 05:53 AM
SierraDelta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello!
Just wanted to share a video and some info of my Denight Special that can help other people on setting up theirs, even being this airplane discontinued.

This airplane is gorgeous and well finished, except for the fact that i experienced a little quality issue on the wing fixation system. The wings did not get very solid even after tight installation and produced some vibration, but was an easy fix and it has been flying great and without issues.

It has an OS55AX with a Bisson Pitts Muffler (the old one for the OS46 that is also claimed as being compatible to the 55), witch works perfect for it, besides the fact that i have read a lot of complains from fellow RC pilots regarding tunning problems with this setup.
Its spinning the biggest prop for the 55, witch is an APC 13x6 (also have read complains that the 55 would not run effectively with the biggest prop listed on its manual). I have bought an APC 12x8 for speed, but haven't tried yet since I'm more into aerobatics. The performance is great with 10% to 15% nitro.

Hope it helps, cya!

Heres an youtube HD video with GoPro onboard!

https://youtu.be/K79Uyr8To24?list=UU...2IMwPXW5XYfGqQ

Last edited by SierraDelta; 04-28-2015 at 05:55 AM.