Thread: Bse ro-jet .25
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2015, 03:01 PM
dbacque
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bse ro-jet .25

Bob,

I received a BSE RO-JETT .25 engine from a late friend a while back and I'm wondering a few things about it. From what I see on your web site, the RO-JET is a C/L engine. This one is clearly engraved RO-JETT but it has the red carburetor. Were any of these engines produced in this configuration or is this something the previous owner may have done? The barrel in the carb has a narrow slot in it compared to the full diameter holes in the carbs on my .40 and .46 Jetts. So I assume it's the right carb.

I made one short test run on the engine with a 9x5 APC. It held at 16,900 and peaked at 17k. It was a very brief run and I did not try to see where it would hold or if it would peak higher since these numbers seemed to match what I saw on your site. I know the engine has been previously run but it is so clean that I wonder if it's ever been flown. There is no serial number on the engine.

Basically, I'm trying to find out the difference between the RO-JETT and your other engines, and how this engine will perform in its current configuration. My brief test said it ran great! But do I need to treat it differently from my other Jetts? Does it want to be richer or can I tweak the needle like my other Jetts? I have it targeted for a zippy little RC plane and expect good things. I've still got the 9x5 on it but of course, I'll try other props once the thing is flying. I'm going to start running the engine soon and just want to be sure I treat it correctly.

This is for purely sport, but going to be fast sport.

This engine has baffled me since I inherited it since it doesn't look like anything on your site. It sure runs great and throttles nicely!

Thanks for your support,
Dave

Last edited by dbacque; 04-28-2015 at 04:02 PM.