RCU Forums - View Single Post - Insurance - AMA dues - Are we paying our fair share
Old 05-26-2015, 03:40 PM
BrightGarden

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, the fact we are talking "insurance" in this thread means we are talking about a subject cloaked with "nuance" and "you wouldn't understand" from the providers. i am totally content with the approach you don't really know what you have for insurance until you need it. Then, do you want to make a claim and have your rates hiked? I had a dark room in the early 90's and someone broke in and stole a good deal of my camera equipment. Of course, I didn't have the "camera equipment rider" (as I was authoratatively informed) and got nothing for that equipment.

If the $58 AMA membership fee was much higher I might unsubscribe and just fly lekkies in the corner of a local park. As it is, I have, in the last year, seen a couple of wild fly-aways of aircraft at AMA-sanctioned meets and I was happy to know there was insurance behind those birds and pilots. In one case, the age/physical/mental limitations of the pilot might want to have been looked at in advance.

I like to believe that a caring AMA brass does actually work hard at understanding the insurance terms and does serious push-back on the carrier. How does a feet-of-clay flyer like me get to hear a presentation on the subject from said brass? Is there a videotaped presentation, meeting or document that I can look at? I do this for other parts of my life, maybe when I am stricken with a strong case of insomnia I would page through or review the video.

Get out and fly,
Cheers - Poughkeepsie Pete