RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Fliteskin ME 109 build thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 10:00 PM
erans

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

w1nd6urfa - Between the three of us watching both incidences, the torque roll was the most logical explanation. My ME-109 was powered by MVVS 40cc petrol engine with 20x8 prop, which, I believe, is much more powerful combination then O.S 160 with any prop you can bolt to it, which is powering (from memory) Jose's aeroplane.

The reason I am still not 100% with this explanation is that on both take off attempts, I was not anywhere near full power when the supposed "torque roll" happened.
As to the photo, please be reminded that this photo of the first incident was shot from quit a distance and an odd angle (I actually didn't knew it was taken until I got home and downloaded the photos from the camera. It was a friend of mine at the pit area who helped himself to my camera and took the one shot, which is this one). I am not convinced at all that stall snap had anything to do with it, but, everything is possible.
We can speculate until the cows come home as to the reason for both incidents, however, I do not think that we will ever get to a definite conclusion.
What is important is that I enjoyed the project. It was challenging, and thought me a lot, and, despite the final result, did not deter me from building more RC plans .

Cheers,
Eran