RCU Forums - View Single Post - June 27 and 28 - Thermal Duration Contest at my field - :D
Old 06-26-2015, 04:55 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

FINAL WEATHER FORECAST FOR THE WEEKEND - LOOKING GOOD!

The weather reports for this weekend have been all over the place this week. The report has been steadily improving. As of now I believe we will have an great contest.

We had the field open for practice today and conditions were spectacular. Perfect weather for tuning and trimming. Those who attended got plenty of flights.

Weather for Saturday: Cloudy, high of 72. Winds from the ESE at 8 mph at 9 am going to 15 mph by 3 pm. Breezy but manageable. Chance of precipitation at 9 am just 1% going to 20% at 2pm and 30% at 3 pm. So we should have an excellent flying day on Saturday with a chance of a sprinkle that might effect the round.

Weather for Sunday: Cloudy, 80 with wind from the SW at 9 mph at 9 am going to 16 mph by 2 pm. 20% chance of rain at 9 am and holding at 20% throughout the contest.

So, overall not bad flying weather. We seem to have escaped the rain though we will have some breezy conditions at the end of the day each day.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Ed