RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite's Giant Scale P-40 Warhawk ARF
Old 06-28-2015, 04:16 PM
SWORDSN
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifer
I've got 2 of the TF Giant Scale P-40's. Both have DLE 55's, J-Tech mufflers, and Robart gear for the mains and the tailwheel. The plane is designed for this equipment and all are a drop-in fit. The cowl has plenty of room for a bigger engine if you desire.
I fly off a grass field that is a little bit rough so I used some Fourmost product shims to angle the gear 3 degrees more forward and have had no noseover issues.

Build the plane as laid out in the manual, balance at the rear of the recommended range, and do all the flying on the low-rates detailed in the manual. With this, you will have a nice flying plane. A 22x10 2-blade or a Xoar 20x10 3-blade are the props I recommend. DO NOT try to land this plane like a trainer. If you habitually land your planes at a full stall and drop like a primary trainer you will make Tower rich buying replacement parts. This plane needs speed to land. My belief is that you should study all the videos on Youtube you can find and watch how this plane handles. It's not hard to fly but is definitely not for beginners. If you need an entry-level giant scale fighter, try Top Flite's P-47.

The Top Flite offerings are for flyers. They are not museum scale planes.
Amen