RCU Forums - View Single Post - Dues increase coming? 1 million spent on government relations.....
Old 07-02-2015, 03:27 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tom Nied
Jason, in many ways I agree with you. It's just unfair that the guys who are just going out and plunking down the money for a quad without any intention of joining the AMA and I have to endure a dues increase because of what those jerks can do. Another agitation I have, if I want the digital and the magazine, it's an extra charge. Really? It's really costing the AMA more to allow all members access? Or does the AMA need just another way to charge for something? Give me a break. Not all modelers have high incomes. You're right, maybe I shouldn't be doing this hobby that I've loved for the last 47 years.
If the hobby and the AMA cause that much grief and annoyance to you, perhaps it is time to pack it in. It will be that much less you have to worry about. it doesn't sound like anything the have to offer has value to you. You noted earlier you are a builder, so you can always use that skill to earn some money and pay for the 29% increase (by the way when was the last time the dues had been raised?). You can also become a CD and have your dues decreased that way.