RCU Forums - View Single Post - BAD elevator on an EG YAK 50 CC plane purchased from OMP!~
Old 07-03-2015, 02:14 PM
geh3
My Feedback: (84)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD elevator on an EG YAK 50 CC plane purchased from OMP!~

I have just almost completed a very nice EG 50 cc YAK SP55M and have discovered an unusual defect in the elevator section. ( see pics)
when I line up the trailing edges, then the front left hand LE of the scale counterweight does not line up with the LE of the left stab..rather it dips more than 1/4"
below where it should. SO when I line up the LE of the left elevator, the TE of the left elevator is way down in relation to the right elevatoprs's TE!.. you can clearly see this in the pictures.
The plane cannot be flown in this condition it will just roll and crash! I have build other EG planes purchased from OMP and this never happened.. SEE http://www.delawarejetfactory.com/
My expectation here is that OMP should help me get corrected parts for this plane. I have tried to contact them by phone too and have had "0" response.
The first picture shows the LE of the left elevator when the TE's of both elevators are aligned
The second picture shows the TE's of both elevators when the LE's are both aligned with the stabs
very wierd!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0423.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	2.97 MB
ID:	2107210   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0422.JPG
Views:	116
Size:	3.48 MB
ID:	2107211  

Last edited by geh3; 07-03-2015 at 02:17 PM. Reason: clarify pictures