RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fast Idling Rabbit
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 10:29 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul. Thanks for the info. It appears that I may have solved my rather minor idle issue. I first of all tried running my mechanical throttle trim downward and found that when it was at the halfway down or middle detent that the engine idle slowed to 42 k or very very close to 42k. But I also found that the first couple of small advances of the throttle stick had little or no effect and if I went so much as one click past the midway trim position the engine shutdown. For both of these reasons I deemed this an unacceptable solution. I then tried what you suggested running the throttle slowly to full power and then retarding power one or two clicks at a time all the way back to idle. This was no help, I didnt see any change whatsoever. I then did a new teach and the throttle up and down slowly like you suggested with still no help. I then realized that I had the "linear" throttle curve selected and after I reread what that meant I decided that I did not want linear so I switched to "Full Expo". I then did two engine runs on the driveway at home and both times the idle was at or very very close to 42k once the engine settled all the way down to its stable idle. I may at some point try "Half Expo" but for now I will fly in "Full Expo".