RCU Forums - View Single Post - LST2 vs. LST XXL transmission gearing question
Old 08-04-2015, 09:24 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read your post again and I see what you meant about the gear flip. I missed that but regardless I was actually just trying to be clear and concise with the info in my post though, not correct or go against your post in any way. In your last post though you say 18/25 is standard for the clutchbell on all LST's. I've never had the stock clutchbell on my XXL (got it as a roller and converted it to brushless) but have read many, many times the XXL is 1 or 2 teeth higher than LST2 so I believe it's true. I once bought a used LST1 I thought was all stock but I guess it had the high speed kit since it had a 64t 2nd gear spur instead of 63t. I converted to brushless for my nephew so I didn't pay any attention to 1st gear or the clutchbell.

I actually have the trans ratios in my head from doing gear calcs to answer brushless conversion questions so many times. But I never got the bevel gear tooth counts straight. That info always leaks out of my head so thanks for posting that and the XXL2 bevel gears. Hopefully the info will stay in there this time. Now I just gotta find out what bevel gears the XXL2e uses.

Edit: Just for clear and consise info, the XXL does use a different clutchbell LOSB3342 19/26 according to the manual you posted. The consensus from what I've read is the larger 454 engine of the XXL doesn't rev as high as previous engines. But it is more powerful so they geared it up to regain the top speed lost, possibly gaining a few extra mph over the LST2 to boot.

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 08-04-2015 at 09:58 PM.