RCU Forums - View Single Post - 6s battery not balancing.
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 05:52 AM
AdamsBro
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 6s battery not balancing.

hello all,
i have a 6s battery, admiral brand from motionrc, 5000 mAh and 50c. when i balance charge it the charger never actually says battery full, it simply balance charges for almost 150 minutes and then says, "connection error". When I put a meter on it, all of the cells 1-5 read between 98-99%. get to the 6th cell and it shows 82%. after flying an electric ducted fan and re-checking the cells, all of the cells are between 45-55% accept for the 6th cell which showed 12%. my question is, is the charger charging all cells equally, and then not finishing the 6th cell so not to overcharge the others? second question, is if I bought a balancer and just let it to its thing would that remedy the problem? and the third question is should I call Motion RC and see about replacing the pack? it is essentially brand new. I bought two of these packs, and the other one is perfect, balances nice, and shows near equal percentages on each cell after charging and after flying. thanks for any input i am kind of new to all of this LiPo stuff and just trying to figure out what to do with this battery.
-Steve E