Thread: GP GEE BEE
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2003, 07:57 AM
popeye721
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP GEE BEE

My freind
Don't cheat yourself. My GeeBee has a saito 120 F.S. in it. It came in at 12lbs4oz It only took 1/2oz on the tail of lead to ballance it to the tee. The big two stroke engines reb up to much creating to much torque. They are also to heavy an not realible at all.The last thing you want is a flameout this could be fatel for a hundred reasons. I also installed an expert onboard ignition this system keeps the glow plug hot any time you get under quarter throttle .This makes my engine purr at idle because the glow ignition is burning off any excess fuel. The fellows who are thinking about gas engines are going to have lots of problems . The aircraft is going to be to heavy It's really not that big of modle they will defeat the whole idea. My GeeBee was clocked at 85mph. As for me i think thats fast enough.A saito 120fs or os max fs or any good running 120 fs will be just fine.The modle performs well nice loops nice rolls outstanding knife edge no torque problem on take off.Landings come in with little power and it settles down perfect .I If you look two pages up i gave some input on construction of this bird. It may have some helpfull hints. Andrew